National Institute of Technology Calicut has started a student’s chapter of Indian Concrete Institute, a leading organization in the field of civil engineering which excels both in academic and research. The ICI NITC chapter was inaugurated on 10th March 2014. Indian Concrete Institute is a non-profit Organization, dedicated to the cause of Disseminating Knowledge on Concrete, to Promote Concrete Technology and Construction and to address the Research Needs of Concrete. ICI embraces budding civil engineers through ICI students Chapters in their respective colleges and which provide suitable platform to interact with practicing professionals in various disciplines. The very objective of these students’ chapters is to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and what is being practiced in the field.
- To promote growth of concrete construction and its sub-specializations.
- To collaborate with national and international agencies in creating better understanding of concrete construction technology.
- To institute and distribute awards for outstanding achievements in concrete construction technology.
- To arrange periodical seminars and exhibitions on the subject.
- To arrange annual lecture series on selected topics of relevance to concrete constructions.